Thursday, April 3, 2008

Locked Down In The Hospital Bed


Hi Friends! It is 11:30pm and I am blogging from my hospital bed. So cool! I went into surgery today at about 1:30. It was a 3 hour procedure which I remember nothing about. The first thing I heard when I woke up was my surgeon telling me that everything went great. As soon as I came to I instantly noticed a remarkable change in my body. Not only did my lower back feel better, but also my legs, my shoulders, and even my neck pain is gone! Thank You Lord! Amazing how one pinched nerve can cause so much pain throughout the body.

I'm sore where the incision was, and the muscles are sore, but it's tolerable. The meds have worn off quite a bit now, but I have not hit the morphine drip yet at all. The nurse is surprised that I haven't. Here's the best way I can describe it: The pain that was once inside of my lower back is now on the outside.

Ady and the girls were there when I woke up. As you can imagine, the girls were nervous and concerned seeing me with wires and tubes all over me and in me. I made some jokes to try and put them at ease, but my oldest daughter (as mentioned in my blog the other day), is very caring and sensitive, and she teared up a few times. After moving me to my room I again assured her that I was OK and asked her why she was crying. She said, "I don't want you to die." How sweet and innocent! I called her over to myself, told her I had something to tell her, then I keeled over and pretended I was dead. No, just kidding! I didn't do that! I'm sick, but I'm not that sick! April Fools! Ha Ha! Please continue to pray for my healing, and for my family as they walk through this with me.

Much Love,
Kevin

4 comments:

RICH said...

Kev,

Get well quickly! We miss you already. I'll take care of Ady at the mall. Rich

Anonymous said...

Hey bro,
It's Eli from SALEM TEMPL, Bronx, NY. Glad to hear everything went well. I know the devil is really mad now that you are getting better. Stay strong and may God continue to bless you.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kev. Pleased to hear that your surgery went well. Trusting God for a full recovery. DO NOT push the rehab too fast! No basketball for, oh, at least a couple hours.

Go UNC!!!

Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey Kev
It's great to hear that news of the relief already. Please don't torment your kids anymore. Well, let us know when you can come home and we'll update you on the Yanks,UFC and Carolina...ya know, the "important" things.
We love ya.

tOMMY & Naomi