Monday, April 7, 2008

Rough Night, Home sweet Home


Last night I felt I could almost identify with Jesus on the cross. The suffering was so intense! My bed was so uncomfortable. Every time I would get comfortable the stupid bed would inflate on its own. I would undo the inflation, but it would inflate again. They said it was an automatic feature on the bed to prevent blood clotting. I didn't give a lick about blood clotting. I just wanted to be comfortable, and the inflation inevitably happened right under my incision which drove me into incredible pain. So, I tried the chair. The chair was a little bit better, but I woke up after just 30 minutes with my lower back spasming again. I was literally standing for 2 hours last night because sitting and laying down were so painful. I texted Ady at 5:30 am and told her to come as soon as she could after she got up so we could push for a discharge. This morning she showed up and as I was enjoying my Starbucks the doctor came in and asked me how I was doing and I told him I wanted to go home. He said i could. YEAH! So, I am in the process of being discharged now. Home sweet home, here I come!

Kev

No comments: