Sunday, April 20, 2008

Deeper Desire for True Community

The Lord is really deepening within me a desire for deeper community with others, and a passion for reaching the unchurched. My wife and I are praying about starting our own small group of a few couples who can get together to just talk and share. This group could very well, and I am hoping will, include some unchurched. I realize that as much as I have a passion for small groups, i am not really participating in one in which I am simply a member. I am always "in charge" or attending as an overseer, but I know the Lord wants me to begin living in a small group. I think that this - whether the students know it's happening in my life or not - will have a dramatic impact on the success of our student small groups because their leader is "practicing what he's preaching." Pray for us as we reach out to our neighbors and others to join us in a quest for true community.
Kev

No comments: