Monday, April 14, 2008

The Book That Took Me 1 Hour To Finish: A Review

I picked this book up at the recommendation of a respected friend. I don't generally read a lot of business books, but I am making an intentional effort to diversify my reading some.

The Go-Giver written as a story about a young man who is seeking to discover the secret of success, is a quick and easy read. I took about an hour yesterday and read through it. In the story, the young man meets up with a successful man who offers to mentor him for a period of days. Each day the man arranges for him to meet others who demonstrate what he calls the five laws of stratospheric success.

Although not in business per se, I enjoyed the read and was challenged because the principles set forth were all servant-leadership oriented, and that is applicable in any field. Pick this book up if you are going on a 2-hour flight or so and would like a good little book to read. When I finished it, I had my secretary type up my underlines, and I am passing it on to one of my volunteer youth leaders who is a business man.

No comments: