Saturday, April 5, 2008

My Name is Kevin and I Enjoy Walks with Physical Therapists


Hey everyone! Sorry I didn't blog yesterday afternoon. After a tremendous start to my recovery, yesterday I went for a walk around the suite with my physical therapist. It was quite romantic. Me with my pretty gown on, and him with his handsome white robe. Very special. lol When I returned I felt good and sat in a chair for the first time. Just after I got situated, Adriana and her sister came to visit bearing a Starbucks Caramel Machiatto. I was very excited. After chatting for a while, I decided I was no longer comfortable in the chair and went to get in the bed. As soon as I moved, however, I felt what I can only describe as a tear at the top of my incision. The pain was sharp and incredibly intense. Then I saw them ... stars and spots. I started sweating, and I told Ady I was going bye bye, and sure enough, the next thing I knew, I was on a beach in Hawaii. There were children laughing, my mother was riding a tricycle, and there were ducks running around my hammock. An emergency call went out, and the next thing I knew about 20 people were on top of me hooking me up to wires and tubes. I was awake, but then I started experiencing intense back spasms. I received some medicines which after about a half an hour kicked in and the spasms subsided. A couple of hours later, I walked to the bathroom and back, and sure enough ... 2 hours straight of spasms. That's the bad news. The good new is that they increased my doses, and i slept quite well last night with the exception of one spasmatic episode. I also spent almost the entire day sleeping today. I have been able to stand to go to the bathroom, and I did go for another walk around the suite ... this time with a beautiful Mexican woman. Don't tell Adriana. No, wait, it was Adriana. lol Hoping and praying to be home in the next day or two. Thanks for the prayers.
Kev

1 comment:

Heath said...

Ouch Kev, sounds like you're having quite a good time. Sorry to hear. When you recover and get up here to visit your dad let me know, we'll try to get together. Got your blog on my watch list now. While you're in bed and bored, check out mine at www.2rules150years.blogspot.com.

Get better, will be praying for you