Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Movie Review: Twilight

Several years ago, I vaguely remember my tween-age daughter telling me about Twilight, a new book that she and her friends were reading. Mom had looked it over and assured me it was no big deal. Now, flash forward to opening night of the new big screen version of Twilight and I can tell you from being there, the words “Big Deal” are a HUGE understatement. At our nearest theater, young girls (and their moms) were in line two hours in advance of the theater doors opening and, on a national level, Fandango reported that they had been selling 5 Twilight tickets per second as of early Friday morning, “making Twilight online ticket-seller Fandango's fastest-selling film since The Dark Knight last July.” Yes, it’s a very big deal and the young ladies in your youth group will definitely be seeing this one.

Read entire review by Smitty Wheeler http://www.thejournalofstudentministries.com/articles/177/1/Movie-Review-Twilight/Page1.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im sooo in love with Taylor lautner!I am going to watch twilight for him... he's sooo hot, and he the perfect Jacob black .

Anonymous said...

i don't understand what is the appeal of Robert Pattinson (Edward), his nose looks funny to me