Saturday, November 22, 2008

How to Become an Early Riser

If you know me, you know that I am the epitome of a night owl. I have often found myself laying awake late at night considering the fact that many people whom I respect as being highly successful are morning people, and I have wondered if I could ever become a morning person myself. But, of course, after laying awake half the night thinking about it leaves me unable to wake up early the next morning. lol

I found this article by Steve Pavlina that I thought was interesting. I am not sure if I will go for it just yet, but it certainly has me thinking.

It is well to be up before daybreak, for such habits contribute to health, wealth, and wisdom.- Aristotle

Are morning people born or made? In my case it was definitely made. In my early 20s, I rarely went to bed before midnight, and I’d almost always sleep in late. I usually didn’t start hitting my stride each day until late afternoon.

But after a while I couldn’t ignore the high correlation between success and rising early, even in my own life. On those rare occasions where I did get up early, I noticed that my productivity was almost always higher, not just in the morning but all throughout the day. And I also noticed a significant feeling of well-being. So being the proactive goal-achiever I was, I set out to become a habitual early riser. I promptly set my alarm clock for 5AM…
… and the next morning, I got up just before noon. Hmmm…

Read the entire article here: http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/05/how-to-become-an-early-riser/

No comments: