Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Two Revelations from a Survey ...

Over the past couple of months I have been assisting someone with their doctoral research. As a part of his study, I have been participating in many different surveys. I completed two surveys last week, and through both of them two themes from my responses emerged in glaring fashion: I am highly relational and highly missional in terms of my philosophy of ministry as well as practice. Neither of these things were a surprise to me, rather confirmational. The thing that caught my attention was just how much I value these two as compared to other, more traditional forms of impartation and ministry. I am a teacher by gifting, and I love standing in front of a group and giving a challenging talk. However, as youth ministry has confirmed over and over again, I find my most fruitful times of impartation are when I am spending time with someone one-on-one, or with a small group, and when we are atively engaging in doing the work of ministry.

No comments: