Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Adventures in Missing the Point

Just finished up another book entitled Adventures in Missing the Point by Brian McLaren & Tony Campolo. I really enjoyed this book! Each author tackled different issues writing their take on various issues and how they believe the Church has missed the point. The other then presented a brief response to what the other had written. Taken together there was much to consider and hopefully they are getting us on the track of healthy dialogue which gets us closer to a more healthy, balanced, biblical view of and approach to the issues. Included in the book is also a discussion guide. I have ordered several copies of the book and I am going to be inviting a bunch of my friends to read through the book and gather together on a weekly basis in a small group format for fellowship and to work through the discussion questions provided. I am really looking forward to this!

No comments: