Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Youth Minisry Volunteer Speaks His Mind

Yesterday I took some out-of-town friends to New York City for the day. Knowing I was going to have some chill time while waiting them to visit different sites and stores, I brought along some reading material: A Youth Ministry Volunteer Speaks His Mind by Rick Williams. It was an excellent little book which provides insights into the mindset, and perspectives on the realities of volunteers. Through the years, as a vocational, lead youth worker, I have had to wrestle through many of the issues raised in the book. I have a tremendous respect and deep love for volunteers, and I am continually learning how to honor and lead them with God's help. If you want to effectively work with and lead volunteers, this book is a must-read. If you are struggling with the ins and outs of working with volunteers - especially if you are new in youth ministry - do yourself a favor; save yourself a lot of stress and time, and read this book. It's short. It's simple. It's practical.

No comments: