Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Colorado Day 2

This morning my phone started vibrating at 5:30 a.m. I didn't want to wake my roommates, so I didn't answer it. But, I figured it was Natalia calling me at 7:30 a.m. EST to remind me it was her birthday, so I sent her a text. After that I was unable to get back to sleep, so at 6 a.m. I got out of bed, got ready, and hit the treadmill and ran 3 miles. Felt so good! After a shower I had a banana and coffee for breakfast, read my Bible, and at 8:30 a.m. headed over to Group for our meetings. Michael and Lisa Gungor were here and led us in worship. After some teaching we engaged in some vigorous discussions on the care team, discussing how we are going to help conference attenders feel loved and cared for before, during, and after the conference. For lunch we took box lunches and drove about 15 minutes to a beautiful little park. I was able to have a great conversation with my friend Duffy Robbins. He's such a great blessing! After lunch I dropped off the people who rode with me then headed back out to a ridge I had seen called The Devil's Backbone and hiked up to it, taking some pictures. Then it was back for the afternoon session. Before dinner I went back out and took some pictures of the canyon we had driven through as well. Then we had a tasty dinner followed by a great night of fellowship and dessert at the home of Group founders Thom and Joani Schultz. It was a wonderful day!











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like u r having to much fun ...lol um glad u can reconect with nature ! Ady