Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Prayer for Today

"O Lord, open my eyes that I may see the needs of others, open my ears that I may hear their cries, open my heart that they need not be without succour, let me not be afraid to defend the weak because of the anger of the strong, not afraid to defend the poor because of the anger of the rich. Show me where love and hope and faith are needed, and use me to bring them to those places. And so open my eyes and my ears that I may this coming day be able to do some work of peace for Thee."

"No one is too weak, too vile, too unimportant, to be God's instrument. . . . No Christian should ever think or say that he is not fit to be God's instrument, for that in fact is what it means to be a Christian. We may be humble about many things, but we may never decline to be used."

- Alan Paton (1903-1988)

No comments: