Sunday, June 14, 2009

Jones Beach for Greg Laurie Harvest Crusade

Had a really fun day at Jones Beach for the Greg Laurie Harvest Crusade today. We took over 20 students with us in our car pool and met up with about another 20 at the beach. We attended the Rock The Block Tailgate Party from 1-5 p.m. and entered the amphitheater for the main event just before 6 p.m. We sat right down near the front and rocked out with Kutless, and my favorite band, P.O.D. Got some great pics, and my girls both got high fives and hand shakes from P.O.D. frontman Sonny during one of their songs. They have now seen them in concert 3 times. The first time we saw them the girls got to go on stage with them and Sonny gave them high fives as well. It was really cool! I also bought Ady and the girls P.O.D. t-shirts. We got home at 10 p.m. and after a quick run to the store and Taco Bell I went over to my friend's house to watch the UFC card. I got home just after 1 a.m. and started baking two batches of brownies for our Costa Rica fundraiser tomorrow. It's now 2 a.m. and I can't wait for them to be done so I can go to bed and get a few hours of sleep before church bright and early. Pics will be posted tomorrow - or more accurately, later today. Goodnight to all, and to all a good night. (I am sure you all are already sleeping and no one will read this until normal people business hours.)  

No comments: