Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Green Team


So the Lord really challenged me about 10 months ago regarding my stewardship of the earth. Ever since we have been very intentional about recycling and doing a better job of managing the waste we produce in our home. 

A few months ago I approached one of the science teachers at our school and asked if I could invite some students to join me in a push to try and get our church and school on the recycling boat. With such a large facility it's a real shame that we go through so much plastic, paper, and cardboard without any recycling. So, our team has been studying God's Word for for a theological basis for our presentation, surveying the facilities, and researching recycling. Today we took a trip to the Smithtown Sanitation Department and met with a representative there. He was very helpful. I am now pursuing a couple more meetings and then we are planning to give an official presentation to leadership from the church and school. Pray for us! It's a big project, but I truly believe it is part of our responsibility as God's children!

No comments: