Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Moment of Solitude

Today I took about an hour and a half and just headed into the woods with my Bible, a journal, and The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis. I wanted to just settle my heart before the Lord and give him space to speak to my soul. There were a few things that I felt Him impressing on me, but one that I meditated on and wanted to share here is from Psalm 46:10 which says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." The thing that struck me was how often we think that God is exalted when we are active and busy. Yet this text seems to suggest that the opposite is true. It is when we are still before the Lord that He moves and makes Himself known. This is so that He receives all of the credit. The principle that I wrote down a while back considering this is: When we work, God rests. When we rest, God works. Selah!

No comments: