Monday, August 4, 2008

I just finished reading Philip Yancey's book What's So Amazing About Grace? It was a beautiful book and another one in the series of books I have read lately that are really challenging me, and which I believe are bringing me into a deeper revelation of the heart of God. As The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne did when I read it, this book really confirmed much of what I have been sensing in my spirit in terms of the need for the Church (of which I am a part, so it has personal application to be sure) to embrace a more Christ-like, authentic, compassionate, loving, grace-full approach to people. This book has contributed greatly to my spiritual formation on a personal level, confirmed the direction I feel God is leading me (and my wife) in terms of our present and future ministry, and shaped and influence my thinking about people and effectively reaching them with Christ's love.

No comments: