Monday, December 5, 2011

A Brief Review of "Sacred Rhythms" by Ruth Haley Barton


I recently finished reaching the book Sacred Rhythms by Ruth Haley Barton. I heard her speak at the Simply Youth Ministry Conference last year and picked up her books following her session. The book was a wonderful read and challenged me in many aspects of my relationship with God. Last week I posted a portion of one of her chapters dealing with Scripture which you can read here. The book is a well-rounded, holistic approach to spirituality addressing areas such as Scripture, prayer, Sabbath, and caring for the body. I especially appreciated the exercises at the end of each chapter which are designed to move the reader beyond information into experiential application. A tremendous resource for anyone who desires to experience deep communion with God. You can order the book here.

No comments: