Pastor Kevin Mahaffy, Jr.
Death is a reality we all face.
- Job 1:21 - “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised.”
- Ecclesiastes 3:1-4 - There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance.
- The feelings you are experiencing is normal.
- Even Jesus grieved.
- John 11:35 - Jesus wept
- 1 Thessalonians 4:13 - Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope.
- We grieve with hope because of the resurrection of Jesus
- John 16:33 - I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
- Psalm 23:4 - Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
- His rod & staff = His comfort, direction, and protection.
- Isaiah 53:3 - He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
- Hebrews 2:18 - Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.
- John 14:26 - But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
- Isaiah 55:9 - As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
- Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
- Hebrews 9:27 - It is appointed for men to die once.
- 2 Corinthians 6:2 - Now is the time of God's favor; today is the day of salvation.