Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Proud Papa!





Today I was super proud of my daughters! My wife brought them out to join me on our missions trip to NYC on Saturday, and they were full-functioning members of the team while here. Today was their most involved day of ministry. This morning we headed up to the Bronx to work with the New York City Relief Bus. It was a tough area, and we were serving and ministering to hundreds of people. My daughters' job was to do face painting for the children who were there with their parents. They were a bit apprehensive at first, but it didn't take them long to embrace their assignment and their creative juices started flowing. They both painted dozens of children's hands, arms and faces. They brought smiles and hope to all of the kids they touched today, and my wife and I were so proud to watch them serving Jesus in this way. This afternoon my wife took our youngest daughter home on the train, but my oldest daughter stayed here with me and will return with the team tomorrow. During our time of sharing this evening, she talked about the joy she experienced as she saw the kids light up when she painted their faces. She said it felt good to know that she made a difference in their lives today. Tonight before bed, I sat down with her to unpack the day and ask her what she felt the Lord was speaking to her. She said that she felt the Lord tell her that she is going to work with children. WOW! I told her she can be my children's pastor someday. We prayed together, and asked God to seal this moment in her heart.
Proud Papa,
Kev

No comments: