Monday, March 3, 2008

Sick Day

I have had a cold since before our missions trip. For the most part it has stayed in my sinus area, but yesterday it progressed into a cough. I was hoping that a little rest and Robitusin would do the trick, but we'll see. I stayed home from work today since I have an uncanny ability to get bronchitus at least once a year, and I don't want that going around the office. I did manage to go for my appointment with the neurosurgeon which I scheduled over a month ago. If I missed it, it would have probably been another month before getting another one. The prognosis is that I have a herniation in my C-spine which is causing the pain in my shoulders and neck. That problem was moved to the back burner, though, because my L-spine problems are more serious. I have 3 herniated discs. The highest of the three is (and I'm using my terms here) a medium herniation; the middle one is minor; and the lower one is major with damage to the joint. Surgery is likely for the lower one, but the doctor is concerned that if he messes with the upper one, he will have to fuse all three together because it will innevitably weaken the middle one. So, for now, he is thinking to operate on just the lower one. This is an answer to prayer for me, because my back has never progressed beyond a certain point, and the pain has intensified over the last two years. I am hoping that things will work out quickly because it means that I would be out of commission (full gear) for three months. This is the best time of year for me to have something of this nature done, as it is a window of time between my busy winter and busy summer. Pray that things will be expidited and God will use this surgery to allow me to function at a high levvel to fulfill His call on my life.
Kev

No comments: