Monday, August 19, 2013

The Search for the Right Pace

I've been called a Man on a Mission. It seems I'm always moving, racing. This is something I struggle with. Here's something I heard recently that I am challenged by and something I am working on:


"Find a pace you can live with.

Learn what you can handle and stay with that.

You're in this for the long haul.

Life is a marathon.

Learn to enjoy it.

And when people rush past you, you are able to make them feel good about themselves.

And you're OK.

You just don't have to win everything.

Where did we ever get the idea that slow is bad and fast is good?

It's like the old ... it takes 60 years to grow an oak tree, but 3 months to grow a squash.

You have to decide if you want to be an oak tree or a squash.

We show our love for someone with time."

- Richard Foster is interview with son Nathan regarding book Wisdom Chaser.

No comments: