- Invite people who are pursuing God’s vision into your home. Ask them questions about what God is doing around them.
- Put as much effort into involving your children in ministering to others as you do into getting them to play sports of the piano. Have a family project to expose your children to a suffering world - feed the homeless, sponsor a child, visit a juvenile jail, host international students, or take a missions trip.
- Even if you have to change churches, involve your family in a body of believers where the worship is alive, the Bible is talked about warmly, people tell what Jesus is doing, and the youth program is geared toward ministry, not entertainment. Support the church by driving, cooking, praying, or whatever is needed.
- Take your children to camps, conferences, and missions trips where they can deepen their understanding of God’s vision for them.
- Pray for the Lord to bring along other adults who will take an interest in your children and support you in discipling them.
- Decide on a ministry activity that you can do with your children weekly.
- Take a training course with your children in how to share your faith, and then do it together.
Monday, August 6, 2012
The Vision Thing: 7 Ways to Help Your Teen Become a World Changer
Posted by Kevin Mahaffy, Jr. at 7:17 PM