Thursday, May 19, 2011

Leaving Well

I haven't written much the past couple of weeks, but here's a little update. In just a couple of weeks we're leaving to begin our journey west. I am so pleased that I was able to find my "potential" successor (I have to say "potential" because the church has one final vote to cast to make it official. After the vote, I'll officially introduce him and his family here on the blog.). Before we leave, I've been working on a few things to wrap up and set the table for success in my absence:
  • Trying to continue running things with as much energy as if I was staying. 
  • Making sure that I have everything in the office updated for my successor - accurate leadership lists, procedures, etc.
  • Finishing up the youth center - getting the lighting installed, sound booth finished up, etc.
  • Talking with my successor about programs and things we've done so that he can make informed decisions as he leads into the future. 
  • Connecting my successor with the people he'll be working with - leaders, students, and community contacts I've made through the years.
  • Most of all, seeking to enjoy time with our students and friends - thanking them for the years we've been together. 
I am so glad that God is helping us write a good ending to this chapter of our story. He is so gracious!

No comments: