Sunday, November 8, 2009

Tanzania Saturday & Sunday

Yesterday morning we drove about an hour and a half up into the mountains to Mt. Meru. We visited the small church of our friend Kitomari. We had a lovely time of fellowship over chai, boiled eggs, and apples before the church service. I spoke in the service, and afterward we went back to his home and enjoyed a meal together. After that we drove to the town of Tengeru where we were staying the night with the Fessers - Elim missionaries from Canada. We had a wonderful time with them during the evening, also meeting their son, his wife, and their 3 children. I caught a gecko for the children and had fun showing it to them. Of course I hung it from my ear for them. lol! This morning we drove about 45 minutes to the city of Arusha which is the most progressive city around. There we attended the church of Noeli who was one of my grandparent's workers when they were here. He has quite a good sized church with about 250-300 people there. It was a wonderful service complete with three choirs and a trio. I preached, and after church we had a nice meal with Noeli and his family. We then drove back to Tengeru and visited a church that my grandfather pastored for about 10 months back in the late 80's. There we got to see the pastor and the assistant pastor, Ndelileo who was my grandparents' other worker. It was so good to see him as well! After a brief stop back at Fesser's we drove back to Moshi and are spending our last night at the home of the Street's. Tomorrow some leisure and tomorrow night at 10:30 p.m. we begin our flights home. Can't wait to see my babe and babies!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Tanzania 6
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: