Monday, August 17, 2009

Bowery Mission

This morning I was up at 5:30 a.m. after just 2 1/2 hours of sleep and off and running. I met our team from London at the train station and we headed into the city for a day of work/ministry and some sight-seeing. We worked for 5 hours at the 125+ year old Bowery Mission (the red brick building seen above) preparing and serving lunch to hundreds of people, sorting donated clothes, cleaning, as well as leading the noon chapel service. We did a ton of work and the team was outstanding. After that I took them to the South Street Seaport, the Staten Island Ferry from which we saw the Statue of Liberty, and Chinatown where the team did some shopping. We arrived home at 8 p.m. and enjoyed a nice dinner together prepared by our chef John Long. I am totally wiped out! I will sleep good tonight. May fruit remain!

No comments: