Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Greatest Rivalry With The Greatest 11-Year-Old

Yesterday I surprised Natalia with tickets to the greatest rivalry in sports: The Yankees vs. the Red Sox. I told her we were going to the game and she said we couldn't because the game was sold out. I told her I had 2 of the sold-out tickets and asked her if she wanted to go. Her response? Disbelief? Jubilation? Nope. This smarty-pants' first words? "Where are the seats?" Are you kidding me? lol!!!

We took the train to Penn Station, got some food, then took the 2 train up to the 4 train to Yankee Stadium. Went in and watched the Red Sox take batting practice before the game. CC Sabathia pitched a gem with 10 strikeouts and 0 walks. The Yankees went on to win 4-1, and we got to watch the greatest closing pitcher in the history of the game, Mariano Rivera come in and do his thing: 13 pitches, 11 of which were strikes, 3 outs; the Sandman says "goodnight." Awesome!

On the way home Natalia said, "Thanks, Dad. Yankees vs. Red Sox. Mariano Rivera put those Red Sox to sleep. Well, I can check that off my Bucket List." Your Bucket List? You're 11! lol! Super fun date night with my girl!

















No comments: