Friday, March 27, 2009

Another Great Day in SoCal

Today was a very full day! During the morning session at the PDYM Conference Doug taught on the purpose of fellowship, and my friend Ben and I were invited to share how we implement that purpose in our respective ministries. (Note: They spelled my last name wrong on the screen ... MahaffEy ... lol) Both of us shared on the importance of small groups and how we introduced and run them in our settings. During lunch we were able to connect with a lot more friends, both old and new, and after lunch I spent a good hour talking with my friend Chris Reed who is a pastor here at Saddleback. After returning to the hotel in the afternoon for some swimming with the girls and a quick nap, our family went out for dinner with Chris, his wife Tina, and their family. It was a wonderful time, and we are so excited about our new friendship which was initiated back in October when we were here for The Gathering of PDYM state mentors. Then, to cap off our day, we went over to Doug and Cathy Fields' house to watch two episodes of The Office. It was a really great day! Tomorrow we are off to The San Diego Wild Animal Park for our last full day of vacation. Looking forward to that!











1 comment:

Samuel Sutter said...

I wish I could be there :-)