Friday, May 28, 2010

Meeting Up with Friends After 17 & 23 Years Apart!


This month we have had the privilege of meeting up with a couple of friends we have not seen in many years. The first we met up with was James Krechnyak who is a good friend of Adriana and mine from our time at Elim Bible Institute. James is now a missionary living in Ireland. He was passing through NYC and we were able to connect for lunch, seeing each other for the first time in 17 years! His eldest son was also tagging along.

Then yesterday I was able to meet up my childhood friend and neighbor Aaron. He was also traveling through NYC and we were able to meet up in Jamaica before he caught the train to JFK to fly home. Aaron and I hadn't seen one another in 23 years, since I moved from Plano, Texas to Lima, New York in 1987. I was 11 and he was 10! He and his family now serve overseas as well doing incredible work in north Africa.

Oh yeah, and both of these reconnections were made possible through Facebook! God is good! Oh, and one more thing ... I do have another shirt. It was totally coincidental that I was wearing the same one for both reunions. :)

No comments: