Monday, March 11, 2013

Stepping Up: A Call to Courageous Manhood

I recently finished reading Stepping Up by Dennis Rainey. Our Men's Ministry has been using the DVD curriculum and discussion guide based on the book. My ministry responsibilities have caused me to miss several weeks of our gatherings, however, during the weeks I was able to be present, the DVDs and discussion were excellent. My suggestion to our Men's Ministry was to have a longer time during our gatherings for the discussion questions.

The book was a good read, a great picture of how men can be influential in each phase of their life, and a challenging call for men to embrace their God-given calling to step up as leaders. My only minor critique is that when there is talk of parenting it focusses almost exclusively on raising boys. As a father of daughters I would have liked some content geared toward fathering girls.

No comments: