Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Greatest Gift I Could Ever Give My Successor

Earlier today I shared about my joy at seeing my friend Michael Lawver take over the leadership of Planet Impact, the youth ministry I have led for the past 6 years. Two weeks ago I had the opportunity to introduce Michael to my adult leadership team. During our time together I gave each team member a baton and challenged them to run on into the future as God has called us to move on. I then presented the team to Michael and told him that they were hands down the best gift I could ever give him as I leave. And I truly meant it! It was a tremendous honor to run with such an incredible group of people who love God and love students. They are going to be such a blessing to Michael as they continue to lead students for Christ.


No comments: